Join The Adventure…
“So much of who we are as an adult is formed when we are kids”, said Bear Grylls the Chief Scout.
What Scouting says to people is: it’s okay to go for it in life. Whether you’re a young person looking to start in Scouting or an adult looking to make a difference in your local community, we’re here to help you get involved
We have a Scout Group near you see the map here
Parents tell us that Scouting gives their children more confidence, responsibility, a broader set of friends, a chance to pursue things they might not get to do otherwise, adventure and an extended family.
Providing your Scouts with a programme that is both balanced and exciting is one of the most rewarding challenges for our leaders. What we offer to young people is a range of activities, events and experiences built around a number of programme zones.
Young people experience Scouting by regularly taking part in quality activities, drawn from each programme zone. Personal achievement can be recognised by earning awards and badges leading to the Chief Scout’s Awards and the Queen’s Scout Award.
There are about 450,000 young people in The UK involved in Scouting.
These are split into our 5 sections depending on age.
- Beaver Scouts (6-8). Parents guide to Beavers
- Cub Scouts (8-10). Parents guide to Cubs
- Scouts (10-14). Parents guide to Scouts
- Explorers (14-18). Parents guide to Explorers
- Network (18-25).
If interested in joining Click on the “Join Scouting Today” button on this page
Our volunteers are what allow us to operate in Rochdale, Middleton and Heywood, from our Sectional Assistants helping run meetings, to our Section Leaders and Group Scout Leaders who help run our groups on a weekly basis all the way through to over team in the background keeping thing running smoothly.
Whether you’ve a knack for paperwork, budgeting, teaching or running games we’ve got the perfect role to suit your skill set. We’re also incredibly flexible with the time you give us. Give as little (or as much!) time as you want, when you want. We’ll provide any extra training you might need and ample tea and biscuits!
Some of our roles include
- Sectional Roles – Helping run weekly activities for our young people either as an Assistant Sectional Leader or a Section Leader.
- District Role – Helping the District run like clockwork. We have various roles available here helping balance our books, putting on District wide events for our young people and promoting Scouting to the wider community (someone has to update our website!)
- Adventurous Activity Instructor – Fancy teaching archery, climbing or maybe even kayaking? Seeing the confidence boost given to a young person after abseiling or climbing is a great reward and we can give you the training needed to run sessions in a safe but fun manner.
If you are interested then contact: District Commissioner firstname.lastname@example.org